Breathe Prayer Room
He said to me, “Prophesy to the breath. Prophesy, son of man. Tell the breath, ‘God, the Master, says, Come from the four winds. Come, breath. Breathe on these slain bodies. Breathe life!’”
So I prophesied, just as he commanded me. The breath entered them and they came alive! They stood up on their feet, a huge army. (Ezekial 37)
‘Breathe’ is the name of a small group of people aiming to hang out in the Aungier Street area of South Dublin, asking the question ‘what is God up to here – how can we join in?’
For over two years a small group of students and a small group of people from the YMCA walked the area, prayed into it, drank coffee prayed and studied Scripture in the local coffee shops, and continuously asked the question ‘what is God doing here?’
In the last year;
- Four of us have gathered faithfully every Monday to pray with and for each other, and for the people of the Y
- A Christmas ‘Alternative carol event’ was held in the Y and had a good turn out.
- A prayer space has been created on the upper floor in the YMCA
- We have seen at least one person reach out for God in a new way through use of the prayer room (there are others I am sure we have not witnessed)
- Two of the greatest needs that have been discovered are poverty issues, and mental health issues
In the next year:
- We desire to keep a presence in the area and keep experimenting alongside God.
- We are asking questions about what a ‘gathering’ might look like for people we have come into contact with …
- We desire to connect with the 24-7 prayer movement, and carry out some 24-7 prayer vigils
- Investigate what can be done in the areas of mental health and poverty
For more information see our website: https://breatheymca.wordpress.com/ or follow us on Facebook.