PlusOne Mentoring Coordinator (Part Time)
YMCA Dublin has been working with young people in Dublin’s Inner City for over 160 years. We run programmes in youth work, education, family support, community childcare and community employment. To support our services, we run two social enterprises – Dublin YMCA Gyms in Aungier Street and Sandymount, and YMCA Childcare in Aungier Street.
Due to the success of our existing programmes and our social enterprise initiatives, we are looking to recruit a PlusOne Mentoring Coordinator (Part Time). This is an existing post in Dublin YMCA and will be a one year contract with renewal subject to funding.
You will report to our Youth Services Manager and will work alongside the Youth Spaces team in developing, establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with external partners to ensure the effective development and delivery of funded and future funded projects. As well as working with YMCA colleagues to drive projects forward and to bring the best out in people in line with the Association’s ethos and mission.
Project information Plusone Mentoring Programme
YMCA Plusone Mentoring works with young people aged 10-17 years old. Participants are identified through a referral system that involves a variety of community partners, including; schools, social work, the Garda, counselling groups and other youth services. The young people referred are identifing risk factors such as issues at home, in school, mental health, drug and alcohol issues, experience with suicide through family or peers.
The post holder will recruit, train and support a team of volunteer mentors to allow young people develop a healthy and impactful relationship with a positive adult role model. It will engage with other professionals in joint agency referral, support and evaluation processes and will work with other service providers to provide diversion and prevention opportunities to the young people and their families. The post holder will record and monitor outcomes to deliver best practice and engage in peer support, as well as work towards developing the evidence base for mentoring in the field of early and effective intervention in Ireland.
You should be able to demonstrate the following key skills:
- Strong planning, organisational and time management skills
- Strong team working skills
- Strong project management skills
- High level of motivation and the ability to work on your own initiative
- An ability to work closely with all stakeholders [including senior management, youth workers & volunteers]
- Excellent drafting and written communication skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The candidate will have good understanding of parental issues and supports
PlusOne Mentoring Coordinator (Part Time)
- The person will have the ability to empathise with, lead and motivate adults and young people.
- To ensure that the programme as delivered reflects the values and ethos of YMCA Youth Work, as detailed in the Mission Statement and Youth Work Policies/Procedures.
- Recruitment, training and support for a team of volunteer mentors
- Design and delivery of training, recruitment, support and development for volunteer mentors.
- Effective management of all aspects of project support to children, young people and families
- To support and engage with the local and national programme evaluation and development of best practice.
- Key role with professional partners in the identification, referral and monitoring of young people
- Effective representation of Dublin YMCA and the national Plusone programme to professional partners, community organisations and in dissemination of programme outcomes.
- Participation in National Plusone Programme including training and peer support
- Developing and implementing evaluation systems to assess the impact of the programme
- Compile records as required, attend to essential administration, budget, child protection, monitoring and evaluation, health and safety requirements relating to the programme when required.
- To participate in team meetings and supervision involved in the programme.
- To make a contribution to the ongoing development and evolution of the programme and participate in Conferences and trainings as required.
- Any other duties related to the delivery of YMCA Youth Work
- To abide by YMCA Policies and Procedures
Proven Experience: Third Level Education is desirable and preferably the postholder will have a third level qualification in the area of youth/community work, education, social sciences or other related field. We welcome applications from recent graduates (at degree or master’s degree level) who can demonstrate relevant skills developed through participation in part-time work, voluntary work and extracurricular activities during college or post-graduation.
We also welcome applications from candidates who can demonstrate relevant skills developed through professional work experience.
Hours: 32 hours per week at €14 per hour
Applications are invited by way of a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 11th of September 2019 at 5pm.
Interviews will be held Monday 16th of September 2019.