PRIVACY STATEMENT for YMCA Dublin Service Users
Introduction: YMCA Dublin is a voluntary organisation that provides services to people of all ages with a focus on children, young people and their families. In order to provide these services we need to collect personal information from those who use them.
YMCA Dublin is a “Data Controller” and, as such, has a legal responsibility to ensure that you are aware of why it collects information and what it does with this information.
YMCA Dublin seeks to comply with its obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
What information do we collect?
- Unless otherwise agreed with you, we will only collect personal data about you such as your name, address, telephone number, age and email address.
- We may collect information such as medical conditions and details of next of kin.
- We always ask for your consent to collect and store this information on a registration form.
- For some service users, we may ask you for your additional information such as your PPS Number or bank account details.
- We use some cookies and analytics services on our website.
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer by your browser. They’re used for many things, such as remembering whether you’ve visited the site before, so that you remain logged in- or to help us work out how many visitors we get on the site over a given period of time. These cookies contain information about the use of your computer but they don’t include personal information about you.
What cookies do we use
- Session Cookies: As you travel around our site, there are times when we need to remember technical information about you as you go from page to page. We use this technical information in many ways to improve your user experience. This cookie contains no personally identifiable information and only stays in place until you end your session (usually when you leave your site)
- We use web analytics services to recognise your browser or device and, for example, to identify whether you have visited specific services we offer previously. This information is anonymous and only used for statistical purposes. It allows us to track information, such as how many individual users we have and how often they visit our website.
- Persistent or Login session cookie: When you log into a restricted area, we may set a cookie on your PC, to remember your log-in details. This can be used for your convenience so that on subsequent visits, you aren’t required to provide the entire log-in information again. This cookie will remain on your computer indefinitely, even after you leave our site.
Why we need it?
- As a provider of
serviceswe need to know basic personal data in order, for example, to let you know when events take place or ensure that you are assigned to age appropriategroups.
- In order to ensure your personal safety while attending a YMCA service or programme, we may collect basic medical information such as information on allergies and medical conditions.
- We collect information on next of kin so that we can make contact with them in emergencies.
- We will always seek your consent to store personal information on you or your child.
- Our web analytics services on our website allows us to track information, such as how many individual users we have and how often they visit our website, which helps us to improve our website overall.
What do we do with it
Please be aware that your personal information may be stored on a cloud-based system whose servers are located within the EU or in secured cabinets or in attendance books/
How long do we keep it