Category: Main meal | Serves: 4-6
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 3 teaspoons sunflower/rapeseed oil
- 225g (8oz) skinless chicken breast fillets, diced or just sliced/chickpeas if vegetarian
- 3 shallots or 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 150g of buckwheat
- 175g (6oz) small broccoli florets
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a heavy-based saucepan/grill pan. Add chicken with some black pepper and salt; cook for 3-4 minutes on both sides until coloured and sealed all over, stirring regularly. Add sliced onion and garlic, cook for about 5 minutes or until onions are softened.
- Meanwhile, cook broccoli in a pot of boiling water for about 5 minutes or until tender. Drain well; keep warm.
- Buckwheat is a gluten-free type of grain, rich in proteins and minerals. Rinse it under cold water before cooking. Boiling in water and a pinch of salt for 15mins. Drain well before serving.
- If you are vegetarian, instead of chicken you can roast some chickpeas in the oven, on a tray, at 180 degrees for 10-15 minutes and season with a pinch of black pepper and salt.
- Put everything on a plate and serve immediately.