Following on from today’s announcement by the government regarding Coronavirus and COVID-19 and preventive measures that have been put in place, including specific recommendations on social distancing, (2m recommended between persons) closure of childcare facilities and Schools we have been assessing the impact of our work in the YMCA.
As it stands we plan to keep our Gym facilities open tomorrow from 10am-5pm.
This will be for members only and we will not be accepting new pay as you go customers.
One of the precautionary methods that we are taking is that the gym and changing rooms in both locations will be deep cleaned and sanitised on Friday morning by an external contractor.
Other precautionary methods that we are taking:
- Classes will be held in our sports hall in Aungier Street and they are limited to 15 customers.
- Gym Numbers will be limited in both locations. 10 customers will be allowed in
- Aungier St location at one time, 5 customers will be allowed in Sandymount at one time.
- All Saunas are closed.
Sweat towels are mandatory and all customers are required to bring one to use the gym.
- We would recommend that customers shower at home.
- We have adapted our cleaning routine across our facilities with a particular emphasis on communal areas such as Studio, gym floors etc. In addition to our actions, we are asking customers to work with us and use the supply of disinfectant spray on any equipment during use.
- Patrons not to leave items of clothing or personal belongings in lockers or sauna. All items found in the lockers/changing rooms will be disposed of at the end of each night.
As per today’s advice, people are now being asked to stay at home if they have ‘flu-like symptoms (for example, fever, cough and so on) regardless of travel or contact history. Please do not come to the gym if you are experiencing any of these symptoms. If a gym customer does test positive for COVID-19 we would appreciate if you let our facilities manager know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As stated previously, the situation is evolving and we will post an update on our website and social media channels by 1pm tomorrow (Friday 13th March). We understand this is not ideal but these are challenging times and we are endeavouring to ensure safe access to our facility.
YMCA Management team
We have posted a new update regards to our opening hours in our news section.
Here is a PDF version of our update – https://www.ymca.ie/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/YMCA-GYM-Update-13th-March.pdf
Thanks for the update.
Is the seniors kept fit class with James taking place tomorrow?
Hi, The seniors class has been stopped for now until further notice. We will have an update coming next week regards to when all the classes will back to normal.