YIELDS: 2 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 10 MINS
COOK TIME: 20 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 30 MINS
This Ham and Veggie Omelette is a great post workout dish that is quick and easy to make. You can even make it the night before your early morning workout, making it ideal if you’re short on time in the morning! An omelette is a good source of protein which will help promote muscle mass and aid recovery after that early morning workout.
- 6 free range eggs
- 1/2 bell pepper sliced
- 2 scallions chopped
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 slices of Fitness bread (or multigrain bread)
- 4 slices 4% lean low sodium ham, diced
- 2.5 oz extra sharp cheddar cheese, diced
- 1 can mushroom stems and pieces
- 8 small radishes sliced
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Stir fry the ham with peppers and spring onion until peppers soften.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl with a pinch of salt and black pepper. Pour this mixture into the frying pan.
- Scatter the diced cheese on top and mix everything together.
- Cover the pan with a lid or big plate and cook on low heat until the top is set and the cheese is melted.
- In a second frying pan with 1tbsp of olive oil, fry the sliced mushrooms until they soften and become golden.
- Divide the omlette between two plates and serve with the mushrooms, sliced radishes and a slice of Fitness (or multigrain) bread.