Why not treat yourself to a slice of this delicious banana bread from our fitness instructor Alex? A healthier treat and a great way to use up those overripe bananas 🍌👏🎉
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 55 minutes
Yield: Makes one loaf
No need for a mixer for this recipe! Clean-up is easy too, if you want, you can mix everything in one mixing bowl. The best bananas to use for banana bread are those that are over-ripe. The yellow peels should be at least half browned, and the bananas inside squishy and browning.
- 3 to 4 very ripe bananas, peeled (about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups mashed)
- 1/3 cup melted butter, unsalted or salted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup sugar (1/2 cup if you would like it less sweet)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour/ self-rising flour if no baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C), and butter a 4×8-inch loaf pan (I used a cupcake tray).
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth. Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract. Mix in the flour (I used the self-rising flour because I had no baking soda).
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan/cupcake pan. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour at 350°F (175°C), or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for a few minutes. Then remove the banana bread from the pan and let cool completely before serving. Slice and serve with a cup of tea. Enjoy! 😃