Try this delicious lentil soup recipe from YMCA Fitness Instructor Adrian. It’s packed with veggies and protein 👌
YIELDS: 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME: 5 MINS
COOK TIME: 30 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 35 MINS
CALORIES PER PORTION: 447KCAL
NUTRITIONAL BREAKDOWN PER PORTION:
- PROTEIN: 19.6g
- FIBER: 11.1g
- CARBS: 70g
- Also contains: Vitamin A, B6, B12, C, D, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Potassium
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- ½ red bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 ½ litres of water
- 1 cube chicken stock
- Salt, pepper, smoked paprika & chilli flakes
- Chop onion, carrot, bell pepper, garlic and put them in a pot.
- Add the lentils, water and the chicken stock and bring them to boil for about 25-30 mins.
- When all the veggies are almost cooked, season with salt, pepper, smoked paprika & chilli flakes to taste and leave the soup to cook until everything is soft enough to blend.
- Blend the soup and serve it with croutons.
– You can use any type of lentils you like but the timing may vary. The red ones cook the quickest.
– Add more or less water, depending on how thick you like your soup.