YMCA Childcare is a modern, purpose-built facility located on Aungier Street, in the heart of the city, with a safe outdoor playground and large sports hall. We are a fully catered crèche, with all our meals prepared fresh onsite by our catering staff. We provide full and part time care for children from 6 months through 6 years old, plus after-school care for children who attend school in the area.
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic full time (Maternity Cover) Assistant Manager with responsibility for assisting the manager in the day to day running of the centre. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly driven, experienced, motivated individual with a successful track record within the childcare sector to join our team.
- Working as part of a Childcare management team, assisting in the daily oversight of the childcare facility. Including spending time on the floor when necessary.
- The successful applicant will alongside the Manager have the responsibility to help lead and inspire the staff team with best practice standards.
- Provide a safe, stimulating and fun environment for children attending the centre.
- Where needed assist in accounts and billing.
- To build and maintain relationships with parents that are in the service, and also new parents that attend viewings.
- Be able to put together a rota for a staff team of 26.
- Assist the Manager at staff meetings.
Skills & Responsibilities:
- It is essential that the ideal candidate holds a minimum level 6 qualification in Early Childhood Education and Care and has a minimum of 2 years experience working in an early year’s setting. A minimum 2 years managerial/supervisory experience is desirable but not essential.
- Be up to date with current child care rules and regulations, inspection processes and be confident to deal with issues that arise as a result of these.
- Assist in the development of a child centred quality early years and after schools service in line with Aistear & Siolta and other practice frameworks.
- The ability to self motivate and to meet targets and deadlines.
- Experience in Human Resources Management is an advantage.
- Be confident at interviewing potential new staff.
- Manage annual staff leave and payroll staff hours.
- Ability to take responsibility to put into effect all company policy, procedures, health and safety/risk assessment as stipulated in the Childcare Regulations.
- Ability to multi task, prioritise work and work in busy environment.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- To have responsibility for ensuring compliance with the Child Care (Pre-School Services) Regulations 2006 and all other relevant legislation.
- Excellent communication skills in dealing with children and parents and to participate in a team. To encourage parents to actively participate in the group and ensure parents are kept informed of their child’s development.
The salary will be €28,000 – €32,000 depending on qualifications and experience.
22 Annual leave days, 5 paid sick leave days.
Please send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date 28th February 2020