Try this recipe with vegan cauliflower hashbrowns from ‘Strong Roots’ (available in most supermarkets) with fried mushrooms and broccoli for a quick healthy meal that has some of the comfort and memories of a traditional Irish fry-up but still packs in the veggies! 😜
Category: Main meal | Serves: 4-6
Prep time: 20 minutes | Cooking time: 30 minutes
-3 teaspoons sunflower/rapeseed oil
-3 shallots or 1 small onion, chopped
-1 clove garlic, finely chopped
-300g white mushrooms
-175g (6oz) small broccoli florets
-375g frozen Cauliflower hash browns (‘Strong Roots’ bag with the frozen product)
-Freshly ground black pepper and salt
– 500g cherry vine tomatoes
The cauliflower hash brown from ‘Strong Roots’ are absolutely delicious. Not just they are vegan but low in sugar and fat saturates.
- Preheat the oven. Place the frozen product in a single layer on an oven tray and cook it at 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes. During cooking turn once.
- Heat 3 tsp oil in a heavy-based saucepan/grill pan. Add the chopped mushrooms with some black peppers and salt; cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add chopped onion and garlic, cook for about 5 minutes or until onions are softened and the mushrooms are soft and browning.
- Meanwhile, cook broccoli in a separate pan of boiling water for about 5 minutes or until tender with a pinch of salt. Drain well.
- When everything is ready put them on a plate and serve immediately. Chop some cherry vine tomatoes and decorate the meal. Enjoy!